3rd Grade Through 5th Grade
This group is for youngsters in 3rd grade through 5th grade. This session is being offered on Wednesdays at 6:00-7:00 pm (If this time does not work for you, please let me know as I am willing to work with you.)
We use an agenda along with a checklist during each session to help with focusing on each task. The checklist also works as a positive behavior support for each child. At the end of the hour session, if all of the boxes are filled, the kiddo goes to the treasure box for a prize (if needed).
An Example Agenda:
- Being a Social Detective
- Check in with Mrs. Kralik: How are you feeling and doing today?
- Review of the Vocabulary used from the last session
– Silly Guess
– Smart Guess
– Weird Guess
- Being Part of the Group (eyes, ears and brain)
- Making a “Smart Guess” or a “Silly Guess” predicting what someone else was thinking
The Student will look for the pink sticky notes all over the office, write what they “think” the other person was “thinking”, and then we discuss the conclusion and why it is important to make a “Smart Guess” and to predict what others are going to do next!
- Wrap it up! Using your eyes, ears and brain to be a “Social Detective” to solve the case!
- Announcements: Up Coming Events
- Items to work on during the week
Cost per formal session: An hour session is $60 dollars
0 per hour plus actual cost