Andrea has been a practicing speech-language pathologist for 14 years in both private and educational settings. Angie and Andrea previously worked together in an educational setting. They share similar teaching philosophies and styles that are needed for a collaborative and effective team. Andrea received her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees of Science in the area of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Andrea is licensed by the Virginia Department of Education and Virginia Department of Health to provide therapy to clients ages birth to 22 years of age. She is also Certified Clinically Competent by the American Speech and Hearing Association (ASHA). Andrea has treated clients diagnosed with: childhood apraxia of speech, articulation, fluency, receptive and expressive language disorders.
Professional Experience and Training:
- Provide identification, assessment and evaluation, eligibility determination, treatment plan development and treatment of those students with disorders in the areas of speech & language
- Utilize EBT: Evidence Based Therapy (Therapy based upon current research that is deemed clinically significant) to ensure that services are outcome oriented and dynamic
- Work collaboratively with early childhood specialists, physical therapists and occupational therapists to create and implement a weekly sensory-motor group to benefit the total child in a fun, thematic atmosphere
- Provide guidance and counseling for parents, teachers and children regarding speech and language impairments
- ABA Hands on Training, with Ron Leaf
- ABA in-service, with Vincent Carbone
- Childhood Apraxia of Speech, with Nancy Kaufman
- Social Thinking in-service, with Michelle Garcia Winner
- Floortime: DIR, with Stanley Greenspan
- SHAV Conference, 2008, 2012
James Madison University, Master of Science: Communication Sciences and Disorders
James Madison University, Bachelor of Science: Communication Sciences and Disorders