Middle School Girls and Boys
This group is for individuals in middle school. This session is being offered on Wednesdays at 4:00-5:00 pm (If this time does not work for you, please let me know as I am willing to work with you.)
We use an agenda along with a checklist during each session to help with focusing on each task. The checklist also works as a positive behavior support for each child.
An Example Agenda:
- Check in with Mrs. Kralik
- Learning about the brain:
– Rock Brain
– Superflexible thinking
* Soft Brain
* Hard Brain
- Smart Guess: What type of thinking happens in the Flexible brain vsthe hard inflexible brain.
- Examine the Flexible Brain; Pull the strips out of the flexible brain: What category does it belong to.
- Review the powers of “Rock Brain”
- Watch the movie Tron Legacy; Make educated guesses about what is going to happen next. Wacky Guess, Smart Guess and Weird Guess. Then, decide if your “smart guess” is a delta or a plus.
Cost per formal session: An hour session is $60 dollars
Cost for Practical Practice of Social Skills (Outings): $60.00 per hour plus actual cost